This job is no longer available
By increasing the scrutiny under which Risk decisions are made and implemented the corporation will further minimize its exposure to losses. This will serve to strengthen long term shareholder value and satisfy regulatory institutions.
This role is one of the broadest roles available in Risk Management with the opportunity to work with and impact numerous diverse businesses at American Express. Recent projects executed by the team include - developing a portfolio analysis framework for the US Consumers, constructing a stress testing framework for the UK portfolio, analyzing and assessing B2B deals in Australia, understanding the impact of sovereign debt crisis in the Euro Zone on American Express as well as evaluating the effectiveness of internal credit rating for American Express clients. On account of the challenge and breadth of responsibilities as well as the exposure to key leaders across the RIB organization a manager/ Sr. manager role is this group would perhaps serve as one of the best training ground for a candidate looking to understand the key principles of risk management at American Express. Additionally, such a role would prepare the candidate to be strong contender for almost any other roles in the broader RIB organization.
1. Close and robust Monitoring of portfolio risks trends
2. Micro-segmented analysis of portfolio trends
3. Development of portfolio-level early warning metrics
4. Review of Systemic risk threats and assessment of their potential impact
5. Review of new businesses and or customer segments and assessment of their credit risk
6. Review of critical risk decisions logic and processes AMEX and assessment of their impact portfolio credit performance
7. Collaboration with Business unit Risk teams to enhance decision processes or address major credit performance volatility
1.2-4 years experience in credit card, lending line assignment or commercial risk lending.
2. Keen interest portfolio dynamics and Macro-economic trends
3. Very strong analytical and technical Skills with advanced degree in quantitative fields
4. Robust Risk Management culture and experience
5. Excellent Communication Skills
6. Proven track record of achieving goals and exhibiting good leadership 7. SAS and SQL skills a plus