This job is no longer available
The primary focus for the Corporate Compliance team is to evaluate and provide advice to the board and senior management team on the impact of emerging and new regulation and regulator initiatives
Some of the responsibilities within the role will include:
· Analysing new and emerging FSA rules, activities or practice and advising the Group Counsel, Head of Compliance and Board as required.
· Establishing and maintaining a system to track and analyse new and emerging FSA rules, regulatory activity and practice.
· Drafting and maintaining the company's central compliance manual.
· Compiling data for the submission of FSA returns, surveys and information requests.
· Co-ordinating investigations, assessment and reporting to the FSA.
It is essential that you come from a strong academic background, and have a previous experience within a Compliance capacity from a fund or investment background You will need to be a qualified lawyer with entitlement to a UK practising certificate. You should have worked in a senior compliance advisory position in an investment business and any previous experience of establishing and managing a small team would be useful, In return they are offering a competitive salary of £80,000pa dependent on experience with an excellent benefits package