This job is no longer available
Risk Analyst – North Hampshire – Interim or permanent
Our client is a global group and retirement specialist, they have an urgent need to recruit a Risk Analyst for their office based in North Hampshire.
Salary / rate:
Circa £55,000 per annum for permanent / negotiable on a contract basis
For interim applicants, this position is likely to be for an initial 6 month period
The job role:
Supporting the Head of Insurance Risk – development and maintenance of the risk management framework – insurance risk.
- Developing, enhancing, maintaining the insurance risk framework
- Working alongside the actuarial and finance teams to manage appropriate metrics and risk indicators
- Advise on policies, risk appetite and strategy
- Provide oversight, relevant evidence and challenge of the business' capital management processes including the ORSA.
- Validation of the Economic Capital models and aggregation framework.
- Monitoring and evaluation of industry trends including risk drivers, valuation methodology and regulatory change. Review and challenge of actuarial assumptions, methodology and models.
- Monitor and report on key actuarial activities, and compliance with regulatory expectations
- Monitor performance analysis
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of insurance risk-related training, communications and education to all business and functional areas:
- Providing support to the Head of Insurance Risk to drive work within Risk and Compliance Team.
- Providing support to enable the Head of Insurance Risk and the UK CRO to drive and shape risk management
- Proving guidance and support to individuals and teams to understand their risk accountabilities
The ideal candidate:
- Strong analytical background – proven track record of working within risk management or actuarial function
- Broad understanding risk governance and risk appetite monitoring.
- VBA development experience, valuation models (Prophet) and ALM
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Life insurance experience is ideal
This position presents an opportunity to work with a highly experienced Head of Insurance Risk within a position that is likely to be progressive for the permanent applicant or an exciting role for someone seeking a contract position. Apply today or contact the risk and compliance team for more details.
The Emerald Group specialises in finding positions for experienced Risk & Compliance professionals within the Insurance industry. Contact the team today to discuss our live job vacancies.