This job is no longer available
Our client is a premier professional services firm with 9,500 staff in the UK. They are renowned in the marketplace for their innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering an outstanding quality of client service, and enabling their own people to excel in everything they do. Their breadth and depth of services make it a leading force in its chosen areas of business - audit, tax, consulting and corporate finance.
The Risk and Regulation practice has grown rapidly and is a market leader in the financial services field. Due to this success, a Strategic Risk Practice focussed on supporting MNCs in managing their risk-return trade-offs in key decisions has now been established. The Strategic Risk Practice will initially focus on corporate sectors such as energy, utilities and infrastructure (EIU), mining and commodities (e.g. metal, paper & pulp) and aerospace & defence. The Strategic Risk Practice will focus on supporting key decision-makers such as the CFO in understanding and managing their key risks (and return trade-offs) more effectively in key decisions and processes such as:
- Risk adjusted forecasting and planning
- Risk based capital allocation and performance management
- Investment decisions
- Commodity hedging
- Risk frameworks, governance and reporting
To support the growth of the Strategic Risk Practice we are seeking to attract top talent with deep risk management and finance expertise to support the development of the practice, and to become its future leaders. Successful candidates will be offered a unique career opportunity initially focused on the UK market in a supportive, challenging and fast growing environment. Career promotion and advancement will be on the basis of achievement rather than tenure.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a range of exceptional candidates, particularly those with a quantitative orientation. Specifically;
· A graduate degree in a relevant subject from a leading academic institution. Further relevant degree (PHD/Masters/MBA) an advantage.
- Experience in risk management in consulting / investment banking / commodity trading / hedging / energy / aerospace & defence / financial services would be a distinct advantage
- Subject matter expertise in some of the key topics they work on e.g.
- Risk quantification
- Commodity hedging and / or trading
- Risk governance, organisation and policy development
- Financial mathematics and application within a major corporate finance function
- Risk adjusted decision-making (e.g. risk based investment evaluation, portfolio management, M&A / portfolio decisions)
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate complex risk approaches into project delivery and development of intellectual property
- Strong analytical skill and demonstrated ability to make recommendations based on rigorous analysis
- Team management experience in a delivery focused and multi-disciplinary consulting environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills
- Senior management exposure - how to effect change and lead senior management in changing management approaches
- Demonstrated track record in leading the development of client deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft and add-on applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, @risk, crystalball)
- Sound people management skills and experience of developing and managing a team of professional staff
Competitive Salary with benefits and bonus
If you would like to find out more about this role or any of our exciting opportunities, please contact Exige International. To apply for this role directly, please send us a copy of your CV.
Exige International Ltd.
+44 1404 811 233
+41 (0) 44 586 2524